Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Daddy's Girl

There was no hesitation at all for Liliana when she saw her papi at the airport.  We all had a big hug and felt right at home.  It was late though so she fell asleep on the way from the Guatemala City airport to Antigua, about a 45 minute drive.  We arrived at the hotel around 11:30pm and went in to relax.  All Liliana wanted to do was to be near her papi and show him anything and everything we took with us.  It was so exciting to see them chatting away and to witness Eduardo experiencing her in a whole new way.  She is much more talkative at this age now!  
We were all laying in bed at one point and Eduardo got up to go to the bathroom.  When he was walking away, Liliana's lip started quivering and she said "where's papi going?"  She was very concerned every time he was not in the same room even for a minute the whole trip.  
In Antigua and in Panajachel, you walk everywhere.  I absolutely love it.  But carrying a 3-year old isn't always easy for days on end.  I do pretty well with her in the sling, but her favorite place to be was up on Eduardo's shoulders.  They did this all the time and both equally enjoyed it.  I got lots of sweet pics :)
Being with Eduardo made both Liliana and I more at ease and more relaxed.  She only had 1 major tantrum the whole trip, where I experience at least 1 on a daily basis here at home because of so many factors that lead up to them (but that's a whole other topic).  It was a nice taste of what life will and can be like once Eduardo finally gets back here and we get back to our "semi-normal" life.  
I think that reconnection also just put some sense of peace into Liliana's life.  Before we went she would cry every day for her papi and for El Salvador.  That's the main reason we went down.  She has had a few of those days the longer we are away now, but in general she seems better than before.  One day after we had gotten back I told Liliana I was sad because I missed papi and she said "It's okay, mami.  Papi comes soon." It's a good thing we have each other.  
I'm also glad that Eduardo and Liliana have such a great relationship.  I can honestly say she is a mommy's girl and a daddy's girl and I think that's the way it should be!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting so big. Great photos. So glad you guys were able to see eachother and spend some quality time together.

Tara said...

I'm so glad your trip was wonderful! I loved looking at the pictures! Thank you for sharing with us all.