Saturday, May 7, 2011

Words of the Week

I decided I will do a post each week on the new words Liliana is learning.  She is learning at such a fast rate.  I am completely in awe and blown away at all the new stuff that comes out of her mouth every day.  I always have to stop and have her repeat things to make sure I'm hearing it right.  And sure enough, it's a new word.  She's learning in both English and Spanish.  It feels like she is learning more English right now, but I think that maybe it just feels like that to me because I don't speak very much Spanish or understand even all of her Spanish words.  Eduardo has been telling me some of the new phrases and words she is saying in Spanish, but I find it harder to remember everything he tells me.  With the English stuff, there's no thought process at all.  I just remember.  I also want to add that Liliana has also moved on to phrases, not just words.  She's putting words together now really well and forming full sentences.  So cute to watch a 2 1/2 year old speaking!  So here's what she's come up with this past week or so:  (lots of words ending in "-ing")

English:
Talking
Cooking
Washing
Walking
Making
Waiting
Wait
Working
Laugh
Laughing
Nasty
Sleeping
Scary
Come in
Come on
Coming
I'll be back
See ya later

Spanish:
Calle
Trabajando
Dentista

I also have to add that the -ing words are coming out just as -in at the end of the works, like walkin, talkin, cookin, washin.  It's like she has this accent at the end that's really too cute for words.  It makes me laugh every time.  

No comments: