Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reconnections

Last night Liliana and I were able to attend our monthly Home Birth Support Group here in Indy.  We used to go every month when we were here all the time and of course it fell away when we moved.  I always enjoyed those meetings and have formed a lot of meaningful connections and friendships through the group.  Last night was an extra special treat as one of our midwives from Liliana's birth was there doing a presentation on nutrition. Afterwards she gave us a ride home and we got to spend a lot of time together talking and laughing and sharing.  It was really special and much needed on my part.  I met some new people at the group as well and also got to re-connect with others I hadn't seen in a long time, but people that are big supporters of mine online.  Another great friend gave us a ride to the meeting and it was really great to connect with her in that time as well.

This all made me realize how much I love meeting and chatting with other like-minded women and how much that just nurtures my soul.  I'm thankful for groups like these in the area here and hope to form more connections in our stay in Indianapolis for the summer.

No comments: