Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Preparing for our Upcoming Trip

So Liliana and I are headed back to the States in 2 weeks.  Now that it's reached the 2 week mark, I'm starting to get nervous AND excited.  We will be staying with one of my best friends, Sara, and her 2 children.  She has a daughter that is a few months older than Liliana and a 4-year old.  I am so grateful Sara is letting us stay with them and most of my excitement about this trip now is because we are staying with them and Sara and I will get to see each other so much.  It will be great.

I planning on making my Cultured Veggies for Cleansing Waters the first week or so.  It's going to be crazy, but I'm determined to make it work this time.  I need to make about 10 batches, which is roughly 120-140 pint and quart size jars.  I'm creating my list of flavors and ingredients I will need to buy.  I wish I had the money to pre-order the jars because they are hard to come by in Indy and it's a lot of driving around and searching for them.  But I don't, so I will deal with it.

My mom has given me her dates of when she is not working so she will spend those days with Liliana.  It's much easier for me to make the Veggies without having to entertain a toddler as well.  Though I will have days when Liliana will be "helping" me and I must say the age she is at right now is a good one because she likes to "help" me with everything, especially cooking.

I will be putting up a display of Esperanza Imports items at Cleansing Waters for the weeks that I am there as well.  Hopefully with the traffic my mom gets in her office, they can sell a bunch of stuff for me.  That would be a godsend!  I'm trying to stay very positive about everything.  I will have to sort through and put labels on everything the first day I get there as well as shopping for the jars and veggies, but I don't want to think about all that or I will get totally overwhelmed!

I also recently found out that the Binford Farmers Market indoor market will start on April 2nd and I am planning to be able to stay until then and not pass up the opportunity to take my Esperanza Imports stuff there.  I have done several markets there last summer and winter and they have said they would welcome me back anytime, so I'm going to do it and sell, sell, sell.

For now I will do what I can from here.  Any organizing and list making I can do, I am attempting to do now.  I've already started packing bags and am taking back anything we aren't necessarily using here as well.  Since all my Import stuff is already back in the States, I don't have to take much.  I know whenever we end up leaving El Salvador there will be a lot to go back, so if we are not using it now, it's going this time.  I'm also planning to take back my food processor.  It's a larger one than my mom has and I just plain like it a lot more.  The Veggies seem to go a lot faster with mine.  It's really heavy and I will have to cusion it a lot, but I'm sure I can do it.

I'm staying positive about this trip and am trying to only send out positive vibes to the Universe.  We certainly don't need the negative energy that has been around us the last 2 visits.  It's just not fun!  So we want to be happy and have fun.  And let's not forget our purpose, which is to make MONEY!  I was going to say I really need money to put food on the table.  It's been a pretty sad state of affairs here the past few weeks.  But I don't want to limit myself.  I would love to make enough money to be able to take the kids somewhere fun, do fun things.  We are in El Salvador for goodness sake!  I want to experience more of the beauty this country has to offer.  Unfortunately no matter where you live, things require money.  So I'm opening myself up to receiving all the bounty that the Universe has to offer!

No comments: