Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post.  I vowed to never go more than 2 days without posting, but with the earthquake in Japan, the tsunami scare in El Salvador and us leaving for Indianapolis 2 days after, I have been preoccupied to say the least.

We made it to Indy late Sunday night.  I won't go into details now, but it was overall a good experience except for the exhaustion.  It really is amazing how jetlagged one can feel after a day of traveling.  Add traveling with a toddler to that and a 2 hour time difference and it's bound to wear you down eventually.  I don't remember being this tired the last visit, but it's gotten the best of me this time.

I've already managed to make 4 batches of cultured veggies though.  I've been very productive and things have been going pretty smoothly so far.  Liliana is adjusting as I expected...not too bad, but not wonderful either.  She's my little trooper though and I commend her for how well she is doing despite the circumstances.

Being here already has me re-thinking our life though.  Maybe coming to the States so frequently isn't the best idea?  I don't know.  Just random thoughts running through my mind at midnight on this Wednesday evening.  I think I will go to bed and let all this new culture and new ideas run it's course through the night.  I just wanted to check in to my beloved blog.  I will be back on the writing from now on during my trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you girls had a good and safe trip!