Saturday, April 10, 2010

In Limbo

Since my last post we have gone through a lot of changes. Our March 29th date changed to March 31st. Then a couple days before we were to leave, we got an RFE (request for additional evidence) from the NVC (National Visa Center). We didn't know what it would be so the lawyer wanted us to wait to leave until we found out. This made us super depressed and we felt as if we are living in limbo. Eduardo has now been out of work for almost 3 weeks, so we have been living off our El Salvador savings. No good! When we were at our lowest feeling so hopeless, I received a call from our lawyer. She got the RFE and it was something very simple. We went on Friday and took the rest of the documents we needed and she said we can leave this coming up week. We have the best lawyer! She is going out of town, but she knows how bad we want to leave so she is preparing our waiver packet to be ready by Wednesday. We are super excited. We can finally leave. We will pick up the waiver (all of our evidence as to why they should give Eduardo residency in the States) and then we can leave any time. We picked Thursday morning of course! We hope to leave very early in the morning so Liliana can sleep as much as possible in the car the first day, although I know how any Liliana planning ends up, so I am just praying for the best :) My mom asked me today if I have butterflies in my tummy about leaving and I think normally I would. This process has just taken such a toll that I am actually completely ready to go. The future is scary because it is the unknown, but it's also exciting. We are mostly packed, but will pack the van on Tuesday and see how much we want to take actually fits. It will be interesting.

We will most likely be gone about 14 months at this point, I am hoping not longer. The El Salvador Embassy unfortunately is one of the slowest at processing these waivers and they are very far behind. Please pray for us to get an easy and speedy approval!

4 comments:

Mandie said...

So glad things worked out!!

Lynn said...

Kelsey - I am so happy that you finally have a firm date!! Please travel safe and enjoy your time with Eduardo's family for the next year knowing that you all will be missed here!! We love you all and look forward to reading the stories of your journey. Lynn and Rick

Tonya said...

Hope you have been able to get everything done and praying you have a safe trip. Enjoy every minute and keep us updated.

Lynn said...

I wonder where you are ??